Award of Council of International Schools
The Board of Trustees of the Council of International Schools (CIS)completed its study of the report on CCSS that was conducted in November 2009 by the CIS Visiting Team. I am pleased to inform our students, staff, parents and the entire school community, the Board's decision was that Charles Campbell Secondary School should be awarded CIS Accreditation.
- The School’s commitment to the holistic development of students as reflected in school life.
- The School for its comprehensive curriculum that provides students with many learning opportunities.
- The Staff for supporting students to achieve the stated goal “that all students should successfully complete their SACE”.
- The Design and Technology Learning Area for actively promoting VET as a viable career pathway and/or ongoing post-school learning pathway for students.
- The Assistant Principal International Programs for her vision and dedication in developing and coordinating the ISEC program at CCSS.
- The School's project in furthering intercultural understanding and Aboriginal perspectives across the curriculum.
- The School in its employment and facilitation of a significant range of service providers who mentor, case manage and support student learning and transition needs.
- The School in its creation and maintenance of the Selective Entry Performing Arts Program.
- The School review, plan and implement a Professional Development program to improve pedagogy that reflects Middle School philosophies.
- The Arts Learning Area Coordinator and Executive Leadership Team further investigate the possibility of a purpose-built performance space to enhance student performances.
- ESL have a prominent role in the curriculum structure of the School and that well-defined leadership initiate, streamline and oversee ESL practices within English and across all curriculum.
- The School ensure that provision is made to systematically support gifted and talented students.
- The School further investigate and implement strategies for enhancing intercultural and international understanding.